5 Tips on Reading the Bible Better
- Know what the Bible is and isn’t.
- Know the Big ___________________________ of the Bible and where you are in the story.
- Ask __________________________________________ about the passage to determine the original meaning and the application for today.
- Develop a regular _______________________________ of reading the Bible & don’t get discouraged because the more you read, the easier it will become to understand.
- Use good _________________________________________. Every Christian ought to own a good study Bible.
Practical Tips in Reading the Bible
- How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth by Gordon Fee
- How to Read the Bible through the Jesus Lens by Michael Williams
- 40 Questions about Interpreting the Bible by Rob Plummer
- Living by the Book: The Art & Science of Reading the Bible by Howard Hendricks
Understanding the Big Storyline of the Bible
- God’s Big Picture by Vaughn Roberts
- The Gospel and Kingdom by Graeme Goldsworthy
- The Drama of Scripture by Craig Bartholomew
- ESV Study Bible
- Gospel Transformation Study Bible
- Story of Redemption Study Bible
- John MacArthur Study Bible